Somtum Roang Pleang.Japanese famous restaurant of Thai cuisine in Tokyo,Machida.
Northeast Thailand Bar, Somtum Roang Pleang, a Thai restaurant near Machida Station and all its lines.Enjoy Thai food in a casual atmosphere that is similar to that of a Japanese pub.Most of the food served at our restaurant is from the Isan region in northeastern Thailand.The flavor of each dish goes well with alcohol, so the food is great not only as a meal but also as snacks.Stop by when if are sightseeing and would like to have a good time with delicious food and drinks.We look forward to seeing everyone.
- Cuisine by a Thai chef
- In order to offer the authentic taste of Thailand in our restaurant, we hired a Thai chef to reproduce the local flavors.Our uncompromising tastes will make you will feel as if you are visiting Thailand to your heart's content.
- We use over 20 types of herbs and spices
- Herbs and spices are the most important part of Thai cuisine.It is for this reason that we stock and use the same spices that are used in Thailand.We create a unique blend of over 20 types of ingredients to create a flavor that is unique to our establishment.
Change the flavor with
the seasoning at your table
We offer four different tabletop spices to choose from.You can adjust the spiciness, sourness or saltiness as you like.It is recommended to try it as is at first, and gradually add flavors.
- 01 / Nam Pla + Plikk Kee Noo
- Try this if you feel you need salty
and spicy food.
- 02 / Nam Pla
- Have this if you would like
some more salty flavors.
- 03 / Vinegar
- Recommended if you would like
to add some acidity and freshness.
- 04 / Dried chilies
- Those who like spicy food should try it.
We let you adjust the spiciness level
- We let you adjust the spiciness level
- Recommended for those who want a taste of the real Thailand.
- This spiciness issimilar to that found in authentic Thai food.
- Try a touch of spiciness.
- A spiciness level
that goes well with each dish.
- Standard is perfect for first-timers!
- For those who don't like spiciness that much
- but love Thai food!
- For those who don't like spiciness
- and want to avoid hot food as much as possible!
+¥20 for each spiciness level above 3
*E.g., level 10 is +¥160. level 20 is +¥360.
*The prices shown do not include taxes.
- Additional cilantro
- S / ¥150、M / ¥250
There are also various
ways to enjoy it
- The cuisine
of the Isan region
- The local cuisine of the Isan region has a personality that is a little bit different from that of traditional Thai cuisine at first.It has a lot in common with that of neighboring Laos, including the fact that coconut milk, which is a staple in Thai cuisine, is not used a lot.It has a strong spicy flavor and is well seasoned, so it goes well with alcohol.
- A rich variety of Thai alcoholic beverages
- We also have a large selection of alcoholic beverages that go perfectly with Isan cuisine.We are proud that of the have that you can drink the Thai beer Singha on tap.Its refreshing taste and light drinkability make this is a must-try for beer lovers.We also offer a variety of bottled Asian beers and original cocktails.
- Classic Thai cuisine
with authentic flavors
- In addition to the cuisine of the Isan region, we also offer a wide range of traditional Thai dishes.For example, pad Thai (a Thai yakisoba dish,) and khao man kai (steamed chicken on rice.)Our genuine Thai chef creates a multitude of dishes with the same ingredients used locally, giving them an authentic flavor.
* Prices include tax.
- esan style green papaya sarad
- esan style corn sarad
- stir fried chinese spinach
- grilled pork neck
- soft shell crab and egg
in curry sauce
- spicy and sour soup
with pig entrails
- spicy raw hourse meat and
- stir fried minced pork and
holybasil with rice topped
with fried egg
As you enter the restaurant, walking down a staircase inspired by airports in Thailand you will feel as if you are actually visiting Isan.The interior is decorated with bright colors such as yellow and red, and there is a map of Isan on the wall, giving an ethnic atmosphere.There 38 seats at our tables, so it is perfect for large groups.
- Thai Tohoku Sakaba, Somtum Roang Pleang
- ☎ 042-732-3291
Let us know you have seen our homepage for a smooth interaction.
- B1F Yamazaki Shoji Building, 6-10-4 Haramachida, Machida City, Tokyo 194-0013
- Getting here
- Odakyu Odawara Line: One minute on foot from the south exit of Machida Station
JR Yokohama Line: Three minutes on foot from the north exit of Machida Station
- Business hours
11:30 pm - 15:00 pm (L.O. 14:30 pm)
17:30 pm - 23:00 pm (L.O. food 22:00 pm, drinks 22:30 pm）
- No scheduled holidays
- Number of seats
- Possible (groups of 25 - 45)
*Please consult us for details.
- Parking area
- Credit cards
- Accepted (VISA, Master, AMEX, JCB, Diners, Discover)
- Electronic payment
- Accepted (PayPay)